Pages

January 2, 2013

Christmas Photo Thank You Notes



I think it is fun to write Thank You Notes - and my girls got some really nice things from friends and family for Christmas this year.

The day after Christmas, I decided to take pictures of the girls holding or wearing the gifts they received from each person, with a "Thank You" sign beside them.



I love my old window turned chalkboard - and I have fun changing it with the seasons.  It worked perfectly to write a generic Thank You message on.  You could also write a note on poster board or a white board.  Something big enough to read easily in a 4x6 photo.

A tip for chalk board writing: 1) Design your message on the computer in the font and size you want 2) print the page 3) rub chalk on the back of the page where the writing is 4) set the paper against the chalkboard and trace over the letters, leaving a faint chalk mark on the board 5) use a chalk pen to write over the chalk marks you made


I got the pictures printed and wrote a personalized note on the back before mailing them off. 


I think this one is my favorite.  The girls were taking a picture of me, while I was taking their picture :)

So, next time you are having a birthday party, or your kids receive presents, try a photo thank you card like these ones!  The giver will love to see their gift in use - and you will have a great set of photos to remember all the favorite gifts your children received!


image signature

3 comments: